The kids are back in school and that means homework and super busy schedules. It also means that Cold and Flu Season is right around the corner. Those tiny little hands love to explore and touch everything in sight and with that comes germs.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “The best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated every year.” They also provide a list of individuals who should be prioritized for vaccination including: “Children aged 6 months through 4 years; People aged 50 years and older; Women who are or will be pregnant during the influenza season; […] and Healthcare personnel …”
While vaccines may not be 100% effective, they can reduce your risk of flu-related hospitalizations, make the illness less severe if you do come down with it, and serve as a preventative tool for those who have chronic health conditions. Additionally—and perhaps more importantly—the CDC emphasizes that getting your flu shot “also protects people around you, including those who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness.”
Take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone for 24 hours without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.)
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
Formulated for food contact surfaces, no rinsing required.Thanks to PURELL TOUCHABLE Technology, it won’t irritate your skin, eyes, or nose like traditional cleaners.Multi-surface formulation disinfects and cleans a variety of surfaces including countertops, laminate, plastic, sealed granite, stainless, glass and more.
These 1fl oz travel sized bottles are great on the go! I clip one to my purse, one in the car, the kid’s backpacks. Convenient, portable on the go hand sanitizer.
On the Go:
- On your backpack
- In the car
- On the stroller
- On your Keychain
- And, More!
What are your tips for Cold & Flu Season? Find all these great products at Shoplet.