This is a sponsored post in partnership with Bestway and BraVoMark. All opinions are mine.
It’s summertime and everyone is posting pictures of their summer time vacations. It’s hard for me to plan a vacation with my family due to work constraints and kids that get sick more often than not. One way I’ve found is to be able to take mini vacations, a long weekend here or there. Check out how our family does mini vacations that leave us feeling rested and relaxed without spending a fortune.
Do your research– Is a few days away during the week going to cause hardship. Most places are cheaper during the week than they are on the weekends when everyone else is traveling. Sometimes if you work weekends like I do, it’s easier to get off during the week verse the weekend when they know they will get a lot of call in’s.. weigh your options and do your research.
Bring your own food– Eating on a vacation can eat up a big chunk out of your funds. Find a place that has a continental breakfast or dinner or even better if you can prepare your own meals. You’re in a new place try having a picnic instead of a fast food restaurant, you’re still on vacation and spending quality time with your loved ones make the memories that last forever a picnic at the park.
Take a Vacation in your own state– I know it sounds crazy right, I live in West Virginia and I’ve only been out of the eastern panhandle maybe twice. I’ve never been north, south or West in the state. Taking a long weekend in your own state can be attainable, educational and save you loads in your wallet.
Travel during off season – Who says you have to travel in the summer? It’s nice but what’s wrong with Spring and Fall? There are a ton of deals in off season and prices are lower. Round trip tickets somewhere warm when it’s cold in your backyard might be right up your alley.
Stay with Friends or Family- Did family or friends rent a beach house? Ask if you can crash in a guest room or even the living room instead of paying full price at a hotel. Bring an air mattress like the Fortech 17″ Queen Airbed with Built-in Alwayzaire Pump and 3 Preset Comfort Levels available at Walmart.
- This queen size airbed measures 80 in. x 60 in. x 17 in. (2.03m x 1.52m x 43cm).
- Safety valve makes it easy to inflate. Includes built-in 110-120V~ electric AlwayzAire pump (ETL approved) that monitors and maintains air pressure continuously.
- Inflates in 150 seconds.
- Great for indoor use, with a canvas-feel fabric top, outside and bottom.
- Unique rib and surround frame design offers advanced support and helps to eliminate roll offs.
- Clear, user-friendly pump panel.
- Easy one click operation.
- Three options for airbed firmness.
- Internal sensors detect air pressure continuously and silent pump engages to maintain constant firmness.
- Soft back light easily displays the level settings even in a darkened room.
- Designed with sturdy Y-beam construction, to be rigid and stable.
- Includes one airbed and one travel bag.
BestWayUS is hosting a contest on their Facebook page.
• Purchase an ALWAYZAIRE bed from Walmart.com or Walmart (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fo
• Take a photo of yourself using the bed or next to it. (Be fun and Wacky)
• Post your photo under the comment section of @BestwayUs Facebook page contest post to be entered to win a SaluSpa Miami (retailed at $369.99)
• Bestway will be picking 5 Winners September 15th