Taking your kiddos on a road trip can be a really crazy experience. I mean they are impatient, they get bored, and they begin to bug you with the “How much longer?” And “Are we there yet?” questions! We all know how frustrating that can be to answer those questions over and over. The best solution to make for a fun, calm, and enjoyable road trip is to keep those kids busy and having fun! If they’re having fun, they won’t be so worried about the timing and they will actually have a good ride. So, it can get pretty messy to bring along a bunch of toys to play with and it’s pretty much impossible to play a board game in a moving vehicle, but don’t worry! I have the solution! I’m going to be sharing with you 5 easy and fun games to play with your kids in the car that require absolutely no tools, just your brains and you talking to one another! So let’s jump right into the fun!!
1. I Spy: I Spy is always a fun game for kids because they get to be little detectives and find things that they may not have thought to look for already. So although it can be a bit difficult to play this game with objects on the outside of your vehicle because well, you’re constantly moving, you can play with the things inside your vehicle! This is where it pays off to have a ton of stuff in your car because this game could go on forever!
2. Alphabet Game: Another really fun game that requires looking for things! Here are the rules of the game, you have to find a word somewhere, whether that be inside the vehicle or on the outside, that begins with each letter of the alphabet. Whoever gets all the way through the whole alphabet wins the game, really simple but definitely takes a good amount of time!
3. Name That Tune: This is a good one that only requires the radio! Turn it on and hold a competition to see who can guess the song that is playing the quickest! This is super fun and a great way to hold a little friendly competition!
4. Guess the Celebrity: This one is super fun if your are ones that follow the celebrity world! All you have to do to play is simply take turns describing a celebrity and whoever guesses who you are the quickest, gets a point!
5. Punch Buggy: This one may not be the best idea and the parents probably won’t suggest it, due to the punching part of the game! LOL Typically when this game is played, every time a person sees a buggy car, they have to punch the other person. However, that’s not very nice, to make it a more appropriate game just have them simply say “punch buggy!” When they see one and track the points!
Next time you are taking a road trip with the kiddos, be sure to keep these in mind! I promise it will definitely make for a more exciting and enjoyable road trip because they will be having a blast and stay occupied during your long drive!